Wednesday, April 28, 2010

SBEC Self Assessment, Part II

After completing the superintendent log I know that I have gained experience and knowledge in many of the competency areas. I feel that I have improved my knowledge and skills base. However, I know that I have a lot of room for improvement. I still feel that communication and facilities are my strongest points, and that finance and board relations are my weaknesses. I think I have a better handle on curriculum and how it influences the success of the whole district. I think the biggest difference is that I now feel confident in addressing any of the competency areas. I feel that I have a stronger background. I feel confident in moving forward and addressing issues that I may not have wanted to face before. I may not have all of the answers, but I feel I know at least where to look or who to ask for the information. I feel stronger in my abilities and have an idea of where I am going and how to get there, and feel more confident in moving forward. From this point forward I am looking at everything as a learning experience and hope that I will be able to work in many competency areas to gain experience and knowledge of school business. Today AP at a middle school, tomorrow president!

No comments:

Post a Comment